Monday 18 November 2013

Have You Heard the Hues? 15 Colours You May Not Know About.

By Charmean Neithart: Houzz Contributor. I love interior design and all things houses. It has been my great privilege to create spaces over the last eleven years to a varied and loyal clientele
 
You never know when you might need to pump up your vocabulary. With the holidays fast approaching, you might soon find yourself in a friendly game of Scrabble or having cocktail conversation at some swanky party. Why not impress your friends and random strangers with extensive color knowledge?

In my work week, I get introduced to colors that I have never heard of fairly regularly. I like to learn about them because there is usually some history lesson involved, and it helps me to understand the undertones of color. For example, there are hundreds of shades of blue. If a blue fabric is described as smalt, I would know exactly what to expect even without a visual. Here are some colors you probably have never heard of but will love to get to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment