Tuesday 15 April 2014

10 Ways to Fight Pollen at Home

Keep sneezing and stuffiness to a minimum by making your house as pollen free as possible

 By Becky Harris - Houzz Contributor

Today as I noticed the soft pink blossoms of a cherry tree give way to soft new leaves, I wondered when my car would transform from yellowish-green back to its natural dark blue. I wondered when I’d be able to put my contact lenses back in, and when that stuffy feeling would leave my sinuses. I checked the pollen count — 2,722 for my hometown of Atlanta, which is high. In April, pollen season goes into full effect in the South and heads north soon after. While it’s tempting to enjoy open windows and fresh air this time of year, it’s best to keep the yellow stuff out. Here are some simple tips to keep your house a pollen-free zone. 
 
10. Don’t let the pollen get you down; it’s one of the most beautiful times of the year. The pollen does have a nice trade-off; sealed up in my yellowish-green car today, I couldn’t help but smile at the white dogwood blooms hovering over the street, with the stunning redbud trees providing a brilliant raspberry-pink contrast. Then I sneezed.


No comments:

Post a Comment